A. EBI has established the following policy regarding the disclosure and use of the results from its benchmarking studies.Individuals or groups who gain access to the results are subject to this confidentiality policy.
B. EBI results fall into two categories: Restricted Results and Unrestricted Results
1) “Restricted Results” shall include the following:
a) Factor and question means reported for Participant’s “Select 6” comparison group, Carnegie classification, “All Institutions” or any other grouping in the study.
b) Names of comparison institutions and question or factor ranking or comparison with “Select 6” comparison institutions, Carnegie classification, “All Institutions” or any other grouping in the study.
c) All other information contained in or related to the assessment survey, the results of the survey, or any reports generated regarding the assessment, except as expressly designated as “Unrestricted Results” herein.
2) “Unrestricted Results” shall include general comments about Participant’s institutional data as well as differences in factor or question means over time. For example, Participant may indicate qualitative descriptions of the form "we have seen a 15% improvement in overall satisfaction since 1998" or indicate a quantitative description such as "we have improved from a 4.65 to a 5.31 in overall satisfaction".
C. Participant is permitted to disclose Restricted Results to the following parties only, subject further to the condition that this confidentiality policy is included with all shared results:
1) Offices or staff internal to Participant, including executive offices and offices of assessment and/or institutional research
2) Any external consultant hired to assist Participant, provided that any such consultant does not share the results with external organizations, third parties, or members of their consulting organization not engaged in the consulting project for Participant
3) Regional/national/discipline-specific accrediting organizations or legislative review processes, if applicable
4) Participant’s institutional advisory boards/committees
Participant is thereby not permitted to disclose Restricted Results in any other manner, including but not limited to,disclosing Restricted Results to the following parties:prospective students, organizations external to the institution, or any other third parties, including release to such parties through external newsletters, news releases, websites, marketing materials, or publications viewed by external populations.
D. Participant is permitted to disclose Unrestricted Results to any party mentioned in Section 5.C above, as well as prospective students, students, alumni or organizations external to Participant. This includes release of results through publications viewed by external populations (e.g. external newsletters, news releases, websites or marketing materials).
E. Workshop and Professional Publications Confidentiality Statement. For the limited purpose of sharing their experiences of using results of EBI studies for continuous improvement, including the sharing of results analysis techniques, presenters at conferences designed to facilitate the effective use of project results and authors of professional publications may disclose the following with fellow professionals: (1) their own results analysis, (2) the aggregate results of “all institutions”, (3) the aggregate results of the Carnegie Class Analysis, and (4) the aggregate results of their “Select 6” comparison group, so long as the “Select 6” institutions are not individually identified.