The following is a list of systems in place at EBI to safeguard your institution’s information.
- System Access: Each user gains access to the system through a unique link delivered directly to him/her.
- Data Capture Security: Data are submitted utilizing data encryption methodology identical to the security used to protect financial transactions conducted over the Internet. The online survey management and survey data collection systems utilize 1024 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Data Storage Physical Security: EBI web and database servers are located in the SpringNet Underground in Springfield Missouri, a state-of-the-art co-location facility. This facility is located 85 feet underground and is monitored by a guard 24 hours a day with motion sensor cameras located throughout the facility. Access is controlled through the use of fingerprint scans, and multiple layer swipe card security. Each person accessing the facility is manually granted entry by a guard after visually comparing the person attempting to enter with the digital image linked to their fingerprint.
- Data Storage Logical Security: All web and database servers are located behind a state of the art firewall utilizing deep packet and stateful packet inspection of more than 50 protocols. All servers are password protected and can only be accessed by appropriate EBI IT personnel.
- Technology: Servers run Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating systems. Data is stored using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database server. All web software is written using ASP.Net 3.5 and hosted using Microsoft Internet Information Services 7. All available security updates or patches are installed on a regular basis.
- Backup and Recovery: EBI employs an automated process to backup all system data each night. Copies of the backup data are stored in 2 separate locations: Springnet data center and EBI Service Center."
- System Reliability: EBI servers are monitored for 24-hour availability with immediate technician notification should an issue arise. The power supply for the Underground co-location facility is run through UPS power conditioners to provide clean, continuous power. Independent, on-site, diesel generators guarantee unlimited, continuous power when a loss of external power occurs.